Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day for One

Anyone without a sweetheart could really feel left out on Valentin's Day.  I think most probably try to ignore it, but that is really difficult with the world covered in pink and red.  Don't get me wrong, those are two of my favorite colors.  I heard on TV yesterday that you can treat yourself for Valentine's Day.  I think that is a great idea. I have been doing that for years.  Also Christmas and Birthdays!  Buy yourself some favorite chocolate, a bunch of flowers from the grocery store, and get a manicure.  Then just enjoy the weekend and feel special!  You could even add a bottle of wine to your gift list.  What a nice way to spend a holiday.

My Cake Balls seem to be a success.  They all arrived in the mail without being destroyed (that's another story) and my grandsons thought I was a magician.  Morgan said getting a German Chocolate Cake in a ball of chocolate was magic.  Maybe that is what makes them special.

The packaging mentioned above was engineered by my son-in-law.  It involved platters, bottoms of cookie cans, foam plates, stretch and seal, and pool noodles.  You would have to see it to believe it.  I have a very talented family.

Hope every one has a good Valentine's Day!  See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. I swear those cake balls are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to make them, but the OREO BALLS were enough for me. Don't get me wrong, they are DELISH, but a pain in the "---" to make as far as I am concerned!!!!!

    ReplyDelete